Tuesday, July 30, 2013

It's been a month since I've been gone..

ALOOOOOOHA!

 

I don't even know anyone Hawaiian, but I feel like I need to come up with some exciting beginnings to these letters or else people are going to get bored ;) Wait! There is one Hawaiian lady in our branch! She doesn't actually even speak Spanish, but she wants to learn. So there you go.

 

Well, I forgot my journal in the car, so I won't have much to report this week. I have realized over the past two months that I have the worst memory in the whole world. Seriously. We have an 84-year-old lady in our ward and she remembers more about her youth than I do about mine! In fact the picture that I have is of her. The branch threw her a surprise birthday party on Saturday. So fun! Except that fiestas are the worst things in the world as a missionary because: A) There is loud music of the dancing variety and we can't dance. I never realized how much I like to dance until I was prohibited from it! And B) There are adorable little children everywhere and we're not allowed to touch them. We can still play and high five and things like that, but missionaries aren't supposed to hold kids on their lap or tickle them or do anything that could be misinterpreted in this world of lawsuits and such. It. Is. So. Hard. For. Me. But such is life.


 

Other exciting things from last week:

 

We met an older Colombian man today in Walmart who told us that God blesses us with many things, but that the greatest blessing of all is beautiful women like us. Hahaha.

 

The wedding is still on! So excited for that.

 

We had five, count 'em, FIVE investigators in church yesterday.

 

I bought a little individual-sized blender last Monday and now I eat delicious smoothies every morning! Best fifteen dollars I've ever spent.

 

While playing soccer on Wednesday night I got hit in the leg with the ball and it left the ball mark on my leg! I've wanted one of those my whole life. Goal accomplished.

 

For the second week in a row we were taken out to a Chinese buffet by members. Yummmm.

 

We went to the farmers market to see if there were any Hispanics there (there weren't), and one of the vendors gave us some free produce! Which became delicious homemade squash soup today. Double yum.

 

I promise that we did a lot of other missionary-related things as well! It's just that nothing super exciting happened that I can think of right now, so these are the things that are standing out to me.

 

Well, that's about all I've got for this week. Being a missionary is still great!

 

The church is true and I love you!!!

 

Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment