Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Rain.

Well, if I were to pick one word to describe the past week it would be: WET. It has been raining literally nonstop for the past five days. Finally today the clouds have cleared up and we can see the SKY! I almost forgot how big, blue, and beautiful it is. The rain has been kind of fun though. It is crazy here. During the summer sometimes it would pour so hard that I could barely see the lines on the road when I was driving. Follow the lights in front of you! So fun. I love the storms.

 

Other than that, this week was pretty great. Here's one experience we had.

 

We finally got to meet Angel, a less active that I've only met briefly when he came to church one time a couple months ago. I know his story and felt impressed to share Moroni 8:8 with him, which says:

 

Listen to the words of Christ, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God. Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance; the bwhole need no physician, but they that are sick;

 

After reading this I talked a little bit about how we all have weaknesses that we are so aware of and seem impossible to change. Things that we do again and again and think, "I will never do that again." But then we mess up and think, "I will NEVER do that again." But then we do. Sometimes it's a daily battle. I testified that even those things can be overcome through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. No matter how low or unworthy we think we are, we are never too far gone for the Savior. He can and will forgive us and we can put those things behind us.

 

I think this scripture touched his heart and after that and he really opened up to us and told us about his experiences and what he feels like he is missing in life. He has some real struggles, but is very kind and sincere. I am determined to help him. We are going to start going by twice a week to help him feel the Spirit and feel supported in his efforts to live the Gospel and change his life.

 

This was the first thing we learned on the first day in the MTC, but I feel like I am learning and understanding it more every day: Missionary work is all about LOVE. If we don't love the Lord, we won't know why we're here. If we don't love the members, they won't trust us with their referrals. If we don't love our investigators and less actives, they won't feel any desire to change. Sometimes people drive me crazy because I know what they need and they just won't accept it, and sometimes 45-year-old adults act like children and I get frustrated with them, so I tell myself, "Just love them to death. Either they will change or they will die, and then at least you won't have to deal with them anymore." Haha. Pretty dramatic, but sometimes I just need something to keep me from tying them to a chair with nothing but the Book of Mormon in front of them so they will actually read the thing! Love, love, love, love, love, love, love.

 

The most amazing thing to me is that sometimes I honestly don't like people, but I can still love them. I try my best, but I just don't have it in me to like everyone. I can love them, though. I pray for help, and Heavenly Father helps me to feel the pure love that He has for them and to see their divine potential. It is a beautiful gift.

 

Well, that's all I have for this week.

 

Here's me pretending to be pregnant one day with my bag underneath my raincoat :)

 

 

I LOVE YOU!!!

 

Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment