Monday, January 13, 2014

Un repaso de la semana

Lots of great things happened this week!
Our bishop had the great idea to start doing a monthly family home evening for all of the members that want to come - new, single, whatever - and also with the Hispanic members. So on Monday we had a family home evening in the Begazo family home for our seven members. Only five came, but it turned out great! We watched the Mormon Message about Esther and then talked about how they have had to show faith and courage in the face of opposition. I think it went really well and helped them a lot to be together and strengthen each other.

I truly feel that these Spanish speaking members are as strong as the pioneers. They face so much opposition, even from within the Church. The language barrier, the work hours they have, racism... It is not easy to be a Hispanic Mormon. But they do it! They are so strong and keep pushing, just like the pioneers.
We have also started teaching a girl named Shelby, who the zone leaders were teaching, but told us that she would feel more comfortable with girls. She's 19 and is the fiancee of a less-active member. She's so great. We are excited.
On Tuesday morning, the coldest day of the winter (high of 22), the power went out all across the city at five in the morning! It was FREEZING. We woke up so cold. It was only out for about an hour, but brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I pretended that I was camping to make it more enjoyable. My poor Arizona companion, though, was not too happy. She's not used to cold AT ALL.
Me.  Cold.  
On Wednesday we got a new car! The Church retires their missionary cars once they reach 50,000 miles so they can still get a good price on them, and ours was up! Now we have a silver 2014 Ford Fusion. It is NICE. We ride in style.
On Saturday we had a tornado warning! No tornado, though. But the storm was pretty cool to watch.
Also, I HATE ALCOHOL. There are people here on the mission that I love with all my heart and have so much potential, but that can't progress in the Gospel because they are addicted to that poison. I hate it so much. I pray and pray and tell them that they can change and read scriptures with them, but they just can't seem to do it. It is frustrating beyond words.
Well anyway, that's about it. Things are going well. I love you all! Today I'm planning on writing tons of thank-you cards for all the Christmas cards and gifts I got. Sorry it has taken me so long. You are all great!

I LOVE YOU!!!

Hermana Bennett

 Another puzzle!


This is Owen, the youngest son of the Carter family, in our ward. He is adorable

No comments:

Post a Comment