Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A marvelous week and a wonder

On Monday I took a nap! For the first time in forever. It was splendid and so much needed. We also taught part of the Plan of Salvation to Norma and Manuel and the Spirit was so strong.

On Tuesday we had interviews with President Baker, and they went great as always. At the beginning he always prays for us, and his prayers are the BEST. So personal and loving. After that Hermana Brugman and I talked about some things that we've been struggling with as a companionship, and now things are much better. I HATE companionship inventory, but it really is essential to a unified companionship.

On Wednesday we committed Shelby, an investigator that we picked up from the zone leaders, to pick a baptismal date :D
On Thursday we went with Sister Moore, an amazing lady in the ward here, to visit a less active woman that she visit teaches and then she took us out to lunch. Sister Moore is the best. I want to be just like her when I get older. She is so dedicated in her callings and then also goes above and beyond what is asked of her to reach out to people. I'm realizing that that's what our religion really is: service.
On Friday we went to Nags Head to stay there for the weekend. We taught one of the investigators that the elders left us with, Jesus, and it was probably the most awkward lesson I have ever been in. At the end I asked him to say the prayer and he said yes, and started praying, but then he never said amen! So we sat there forever awkwardly in silence waiting for him to finish and then finally I said, "Gracias!" and we called it quits. It was rough.

On Saturday we had a good day, and at the end went to McDonalds to eat dinner. I had already bought some food at a gas station, though, and Hermana Brugman was waiting for the line to go down, so I decided to just say a silent prayer and start eating. I start praying when all of the sudden I hear Hermana Brugman say, "Padre Celestial, gracias por este dia." I look up and say, "What are you doing?" "Well, you weren't saying anything, so I thought you wanted me to say the prayer!" Hahaha. I have her trained so well. We also get hit on pretty hard by some guy while we were there. He kept asking us where we were staying and if we had Facebook and saying he had nothing to do. Sorry, but not interested. Another great thing that day was that we met a man that Hermana Flores, my trainer, had taught when she was in the Outer Banks at the beginning of her mission.
On Sunday we went to church, and to my surprise a family that I had known in Newport News was there visiting! It was so fun to see them. For dinner we ate with another family that lives there and then went to teach two investigators, Carlos and Maria, with them. They are golden and the lesson went really well, except that they talk A TON and I had to work really hard to maintain control of the conversation. We read 1 Nephi 13:20-41 about the Great Apostasy and the Restoration, though, and the Spirit was strong.
Yesterday we couldn't email because it was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Instead we had an amazing zone activity at the sand dunes in Nags Head. We  had so much fun just playing around taking jumping pictures and burying each other in the sand. It was nice to just relax and enjoy ourselves without stressing about investigators, etc.
I hope you're all doing well and enjoying the cold! ;)
I LOVE YOU!!!

Hermana Bennett

PS. Sorry no pictures. I'm letting Hermana Brugman use my camera card thing today. Hopefully she'll be done soon, but if not I'll send some next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment