Monday, September 2, 2013

Eeemmmaaaiiilll............ 8/29/13

Hello from Virginia!

 

This last week was busy!

 

On Monday we dropped off my trainer, Hermana Flores, at the mission home. I cried like a baby when we had to say goodbye. It was the worst! We got pretty close over the past nine weeks and it was hard to send her off.

 

For the next couple days Hermana Nord and I were together alone, which was weird. That's the first time in a long time that I've been with just one companion and not a trio. It was nice! And also very lonely without Hermana Flores :(

 

We also moved! Newport News got another companionship of hermanas, and since I'm new to this whole training business the zone leaders were kind enough to let us all live together so that I can get some guidance and counsel from Hermana Mendez, who has been out for quite a while. Our new address is:

 

 

On Thursday I got my trainees! Their names are Hermana Johnson and Hermana Hilton. Both are nineteen years old, from Utah, and just started learning Spanish six weeks ago! Let's just say I've been doing a lot of talking... :)

 

No, but they're doing a good job. They were at the Mexico City MTC, and it seems like whatever they're doing there is working because my trainees already know a lot!

 

Things are going well as a trainer. It's definitely stressful - I'm the one in charge of understanding everything, keeping track of everyone's problems, communicating with all the members, talking on the phone, getting members present in lessons, etc. It's a lot! The past few days have been a bit exhausting, to say the least, but I know that as they learn more they will be able to pick up some of that responsibility and I won't have to do it all by myself.

 

Overall, though, training is going well. I can already tell that by the end of these three months of training I'll be ready to take on the world. Since I don't have a senior companion to turn to when I'm not sure what to do, I am learning a lot and becoming more confident every day. Bring it on, mission! Hit me with your best shot!

 

What else? Last night we got FOUR new investigators! Yeeha. Last week in the flea market we met some men from Mexico, and last night we went and visited them. After explaining what we do and giving a quick lesson, they all agreed to keep meeting with us. We gave them some Bibles and Books of Mormon and went on our way! So exciting. I was glad, because mostly my poor trainees have been knocking a lot of doors. This was a good chance for them to see some success.

 

Well, that's about all I can think of this week. I hope you're all doing well!

 

Keep the faith! Rember who you are! Return with honor! :)

 

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHITNEY!!! I lurrrrrrrv you. If you can't read your sign, it says: You've had a birthday shout hurray!

 

Hermana Bennett

 

PS. Here's a giant jigsaw puzzle I solved. It took about a whole transfer during all my lunch and dinner breaks, but I did it!

 

PPS. Here are my greenies with their green pancakes. Yum.

I didn't send the picture of the green pancakes. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment