Monday, March 31, 2014

Sick week...

Well, the news of the week is: I was ill.
Monday night my throat started hurting during the evening, but I figured it was just allergies and tried to sleep. By the next morning, though, I could feel that allergies, it was not. It wasn't anything serious, just a pretty intense cold, but it kept us inside for the better part of the week.  Because of that, not much happened.

One really good news is: I finished a whole journal! This is only the second time I've ever filled a whole journal, and definitely the fastest that it's ever happened. You can thank Hermana Brugman for really getting me into the habit of writing every night.
Other than that, there's not too much to report. Let me see if I have any stories in my handy dandy FULL journal!
Yes, yes I do. Lucky you.

On Thursday we went to West Point to see Ramiro, our only Hispanic member. He is hilarious. He told me to tell me cold "que se vaya, en el nombre de Jesus." (to leave, in the name of Jesus) Well, I didn't really want to do that, so I just said "vete" (leave) and then moved on. He obviously wasn't satisfied with that, though, so when he said the closing prayer, he did it for me - commanded my cold to leave in the name of Jesus. Haha. He also told me to eat some cinnamon with some sugar and that would make it better. Hispanics. Gotta love 'em.
Saturday was the first ever General Women's Meeting! We watched the broadcast here in the branch building in New Kent, and it was so wonderful. Before that, though, they had a little get-together with waffles and ice cream (random, but delicious) and funny pictures.
For example:



My companion and I and the other two sisters that we share the branch with. They are so fun.
Anyway, the broadcast was wonderful, and it made me so proud to be a Latter-day Saint woman. With all of us standing together we are truly a force for good in the world. I especially loved when President Eyring said, "You are one of the favored few," referring to the fact that as members of the Church we are among the few in the history of the world that have the privilege of the Restored Gospel in this life. What a privilege, indeed! And what a responsibility.

Last night we dropped our only investigator, so pray that we find some more soon!

Tracting here is so different. In West Point there is enough of a city that we can walk around door to door, but anywhere else we basically have to drive down the country roads looking for signs of Hispanics. It's great!

Have a wonderful week!

I LOVE YOU!!!

Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment