Monday, April 7, 2014

A great week!


We had a great week around here. Here's one highlight:



More puzzles!
This is Sister Burr, one of the sisters that we live with. She and I share a puzzle addiction. Between Monday and Sunday we solved these three and two and a half others, all within our time before studies, during lunch, and after planning at night. So fun. It's nice to have something to do at home that helps me relax and get my mind off the work for a few minutes.

Another great one was interviews with President Baker. I think I've mentioned this before, but we have personal interviews with him every three months, and at the beginning he always says a prayer for you. Just hearing him pray is one of the most faith-building experiences I've ever had. It is so powerful. After that we get about ten minutes to talk. It's short, but somehow within those ten minutes he always manages to answer my questions, help me receive revelation, and make me feel sustained, appreciated, and supported. He is the BEST.

We also saw a small miracle in West Point. We don't have any investigators (like, ZERO), so we have been spending almost all of our time finding. On Friday we drove to West Point to do some finding. We prayed to be led to those that were ready to listen, and then got out of the car and started walking around. About fifteen minutes later we passed ago that looked completely American, so I asked him, "Do you know if anybody that speaks Spanish lives around here?" He said, "I do." Woah! Ok! Turns out he was Puerto Rican. We had a great discussion with him about the Book of Mormon and he is open to us coming by again this week. What an answer to prayer. Heavenly Father directed us to him and him to us and we found each other!
Here's a picture that we took in just after that experience. So happy.

And finally, General Conference! Was it not AMAZING. I got so many answers to questions and the Spirit was strong. I can't remember who said it right now, but one of the apostles talked about charity and how by loving other people we can help them to develop faith and confidence in Heavenly Father's love. This is something that I believe really strongly, so I obviously loved it. Also Elder Holland's talk when he bore testimony. He is so bold. I want to be like that someday. And Elder Uchtdorf! Ugh. It was all just so good. Is it really over already?

We watched the last session in a member's home, the Taylors, and guess where they are from? Emmett! And BSU fans. For obvious reasons, they are my favorite family in the branch...

:)

Go Broncos!

Despite not seeing many visual results, it was a wonderful week and full of miracles. Heavenly Father is so very kind.

I LOVE YOU!!!
Love,
Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment