Monday, April 21, 2014

The Lord works in mysterious ways!

An experience from this week:
April 17, 2014
This morning I finished the Book of Mormon again and decided to take Moroni's challenge and pray about it, even though I've done it multiple times before. As I was reading the last few chapters I felt the Spirit strongly and thought, "Wow, if I'm feeling it now it's going to be so strong when I actually pray!"
I finished reading and then went into the bathroom to pray because that was the only place I could think to go to be alone. I knelt down and prayed, asking Heavenly Father to help me feel the confirmation once again so that I could testify with power that it is true. Expecting a powerful feeling, I waited. Nothing. Hmm.
I prayed again: "Heavenly Father, I know that the Book of Mormon is true, but please help me to feel it right now." Waited. Nothing.

Weird.

I felt good, but no big chills or warmth or pounding heart or anything.
I went back into our study room, sat down, and prayed once more: "Heavenly Father, I don't understand. I'm doing this for my investigators. Why am I not getting an answer?" Into my mind came Doctrine and Covenants 6:22-23: "Verily, verily I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What great witness can you have from God?" I realized that, like Oliver Cowdery, I was looking for an answer that I had already received. He had given it to me before I even prayed - the strong Spirit that I had felt while I was reading.

So that was cool, but it gets even better.

A less active couple that the sisters are working with fed us all brunch today, and after eating we taught them the restoration. The sister expressed the concern that she has prayed about the Book of Mormon but hasn't felt like she has gotten an answer.

Right there I was able to share with her that the same thing had happened to me that very morning, and that maybe she was already getting an answer - it just wasn't in the way she expected.

Coincidence?

I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment