Monday, May 26, 2014

What a week!

This week was up, down, up, down, down, down, down, down, down, up, down, up, down, down. Hermana Harrison got sick with a cold, I got a 24-hour stomach flu, then the next day the same cold that she had. Yuck. Also, all of my pictures from the past year are possibly lost. Bahhhhh.
For the ups, though, we got two new investigators! One is Aura, a former investigator. She is from Guatemala and is so sweet. She never learned how to read or write in her language, and doesn't speak English, so helping her kindergarten-age daughter with her homework is a struggle. Because of that we have started going over a couple of times a week to tell her what the teacher newsletter says and help her daughter practice reading, match, etc. Their house has been crazy in the past few weeks with sickness, too, but finally we were able to have a little Gospel discussion with Aura and set another appointment, so we are excited.

The other is Jenny, another former investigator that we finally got in contact with. She seems very sincere and humble.
Yesterday we had a zone sisters' preparation day, for which we went to Colonial Williamsburg. It was fun, but I've been there a few times at this point, so it wasn't as cool as the first time. I tried to get creative with my pictures, though, since I've taken some there before.
Here's Thomas Jefferson and I. He can't keep his hands off me.


And here's another pretty one. Virginia is BEAUTIFUL.


This is what they do to disobedient missionaries.


And here are some sheep!
I took a picture of them because A) they're cute, and B) missionary work symbolism!
Also, we've started playing Apples to Apples during our English classes sometimes because it's way more fun than just sitting there lecturing, and a great way to learn words. Here are the cards that I won the first night. Supposedly what you win describes you, and... I think these do the job! ;)


I love you! Have a great week!

Hermana Bennett


No comments:

Post a Comment