Monday, July 21, 2014

Transfer!

Well, the expectedly unexpected happened, and I'm getting transferred!
To.............

...............

...................

............................

......................

.......................................

..............................

..................
Guess. Think about my favorite place in the whole wide world....
Newport News!!!!
Saturday:
We are sitting in the apartment finishing our weekly planning, calm as could be. Just a few minutes earlier we had talked about how peaceful we both felt because we were ninety nine percent sure that we were not getting a call. That would be crazy.

Then the phone rings. I grab it: Main Office.
Me: "Hermana, it's the main office!"
She looks at me with a blank stare.
Me: "It's the main office, hermana!"
Still nothing.
Me: "Do you know what this means?"
Her: "Well, answer it!"
Me: "Oh, yeah. Hello, this is the New Kent sisters."

President Baker: "Hello, New Kent sisters, this is President Baker. How are you?"

Me: "Good, but I was not expecting this call at all!"
President: "Well, it's a bit of a surprise for me as well. Are you ready to hear the news?"
Me: "Yes."

President: "Sister Bennett, you are being transferred to the Virginia Peninsula Young Single Adult branch to be a sister training leader. Your companion will be Sister Bassett."
Me: "Woah. I was not expecting that AT ALL."
President: "Yes, well, it's a bit of an experiment. I've never done this before. You will be a zebra companionship. Will you accept this assignment?"

Me: "Of course!"

President: "Now, Sister Bennett, as a sister training leader you will be expected to be a strict Preach My Gospel missionary. Will you commit to do this?"
Me: "Yes, President."
Crazy. Crazy crazy crazy. My feelings are:

Happiness. I get to go back to Newport News! My home. I get to see Rosalio and Melina and all of the members from the Spanish branch that I love so dearly.

Nervousness. I will be a YSA missionary. That's so AWKWARD!
Inadequacy. Even after a year I'm still just barely figuring out this whole missionary thing. How in the world can I help anyone else?
Excitement. Sister Bassett is the bomb.com. I get to shop at Walmart again!
Sadness. I have really come to love this area and these people. I don't want to leave them.

Trust. The Lord will help me. If He thinks I can do it, I can do it.
So that's my big news! Who woulda thunk? Not I.
Here's my new address:
759 Bellows Way #303
Newport News, VA 23602

We also had interviews with President Baker earlier this week, set Raechel for baptism on August 23, and had exchanges with the sister training leaders. It was wonderful!

I LOVE YOU!!!

Love,
Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment