Monday, December 23, 2013

Wingapo.

Well, another week has gone by. Yeehaw.


We had some fun things this week, and I took lots of pictures, but............ still no SD card converter. So sorry. Hermana Johnson got food poisoning last Monday so she couldn't get it for me. She's going to try today, though, and then we have a mission Christmas program on Friday so hopefully I can get it there. Someday you will see pictures again!

On Tuesday Anthony Perkins from the Quorum of the Seventy came to our mission. Monday he met with the three most southern zones, and then Tuesday with the six northern ones. It was really good and I learned a lot. He talked to us about what we're doing well as a mission and what we need to improve. Plus I got to see my old district from Newport News, which was fun. Missionary functions are the best.

On Saturday we had the annual Elizabeth City Ward Christmas Social, which was fun. It was a potluck dinner and then we did a little live nativity program. It was super cute. And I was drafted as the angel! So that was fun. Luckily they had Brother Umphlett from the ward narrate the whole thing and all the "actors" just walked around, so I didn't have to do anything except stand there and look angelic.

After the activity we taught Adan, our only progressing investigator, the Word of Wisdom, and it went so well! He told us that he hasn't touched alcohol since we met him, and that was without us even saying anything. The Spirit just gave him a little nudge and he did it all on his own. He is great.

Other than that, things are going well. I've been pretty frustrated the past few weeks because it feels like we've been really ineffective in our efforts to find and teach new investigators. Everything is just so spread out and I can't find the Hispanics! But we're doing our best and letting God do the rest :)

That's pretty much it... not much to tell.

Have a great week! I love you!

Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment