Monday, August 4, 2014

Week number infinity

Was I never not a missionary? Will I ever be not a missionary? It doesn't feel like it. This is just ME.

Yesterday two sisters that served here were back for a visit after their missions. It was so weird to see them again and have them introduce themselves as their first names. And I could see their knees! And they didn't have nametags on! It was a strange experience. They are living regular life... what is that? Ahhhhhh.

Anyway, we had a good week. I went on my first exchange as a sister training leader, and it went really well. It's crazy how when you are called to serve someone, your love for them automatically multiplies. I love these sisters so much.

We are struggling to find new investigators, so we have been knocking doors a lot. So fun. The other day we met a nice black lady from the Holiness Bible Church who believed just about everything that is opposite of what we believe. It was crazy. A whole other set of doctrine. She was really funny.

We are also working on talking with everyone, even when it's awkward. As a result of that, we met a crazy drunk Jamaican man who spent twenty minutes telling us about a dream that he had in which lots of people were walking and there was a big ravine that he fell into and then some people castrated a dog. Awkward. I tried to relate it to Lehi's dream in 1 Nephi 8, but it was a no-go.

That's all I have for today. Keep on keepin' on.

Love,

Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment